Venusian craters larger than twenty kilometers are named after noteworthy women.
Fly she did, and very well, and loved it truly.
In terms of credentials, Ace Carroway can't even compare to this Spokane, Washington native.
Amelia Earhart, Beryl Markham, Ruth Nichols, Amy Johnson, Jean Batten, and many others.
5. Beryl Markham. She became acquainted with all of Africa's dangers, from the Siafu ant to the angry bull elephant.
I am the cat.
I can feel the sun.
We are one.
4. "MJ" Hegar. "I'm hit, but ... I can still fly," she told them.
3. Bessie Coleman. "You've never lived till you've flown!"
2. Lilya Litvyak. She was 21 years old for the entirety of her short but spectacular military career.
1. Cornelia Fort. The year? Fateful 1941.