OTHERWORLDS Short Fiction Anthology
Westing Press short fiction contest. Entries close September 30, 2018
- 300 – 7500 words
- Fiction that highlights the concept of “otherness” in sci fi, fantasy, paranormal, or realistic genres.
- Clean, please. G to PG13 rating, but bring on the struggle, agony, and conflict.
- No entry fee, no prize except inclusion in the anthology. All-volunteer operation. Anthology to be priced at no-royalties levels.
- Small pool of authors! Intended to highlight area writers.
- Attach Word file to email: otherworlds.anthology (at) gmail
- Include contact info in body of email, including web site or blog. The web sites will be published in the anthology.
- Include a 50-word professional biographical statement in the body of the email.
- Use 11 point Garamond font, 1.5 line spacing, no fancy typesetting. Entries should be fully edited and ready for publication when they are submitted.
- Early submissions (before 1 September), if rejected, will be returned with a brief, constructive critique.
- Your editors: Guy (guyworthey.net) and Sonya (sonyabramwellbooks.com).
- If my story has previously been published, can I still enter it? A: Yes, with the proviso that whoever it’s previously published with does not have an exclusive contract with you, the copyright holder. In the fine print of such a contract, it should say.
News on publication:
June 30, 2018: Publication delayed. We need more stories. Our new deadline is September 30, 2018 (Original deadline was June 29, 2018). Loosely, we want authors within 100 miles of the Moscow/Pullman area. Spread the word, please! We know we have sufficient talent in the inland northwest.